Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year!

I am determined that 2015 will be a great year!  I started my new year this morning with Bible study and prayer, so I know that I have the right focus for day one of 2015.  I am working through the book "Whispers of Hope" (10 weeks of devotional prayer) by Beth Moore, as well I am reading through the books of Psalms (5 chapters a day) and Proverbs (1 chapter a day, corresponding with the calendar day).  Today my prevailing thought has been from Proverbs 1:7 which says, "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge; fools despise wisdom and discipline." To begin this year, I recognize that God has always been, He made all that is, and He wrote the book on how to live life well.  I think the word "fear" in the verse means that we are to be in awe of Him, to deeply respect and reverence Him as the creator and preserver of life, and to obey whatever He tells us to do in the Bible.  In order to know God, we must read The Book that tells us who He is and what He wants from us.  If I have learned anything at all from the past year it is that God loves me deeply and wants me to know Him and love Him as well.  "You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart." (Jeremiah 29:13)  Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment