Thursday, January 1, 2015

Worry or Face Down?

     The thing that Jacob was so worried about in Genesis 33 never happened!  Most things that I worry about never happen either.  God is with me through the happy times, the hard times, and He will meet my every need if only I will ask.  His answer might not be "my will", but it will certainly be "His will" and it will be what is best for me. 
     So, what must I do when I stand at the threshold of a situation that I could very easily worry about?  I go "face down" on the ground and humbly yield myself before Almighty God.  I was directed to go "face down" during a ladies Bible study over a year ago when the writer of the study encouraged this exercise.  The study is long past, but I have continued the exercise of going "face down" because for me, it paints such a picture of surrender in my mind and heart.  When I am "face down" I picture myself before the throne of God Himself and I say to Him, "I bow, I surrender, I yield, I submit ___________" and I fill in the blank with whatever my issue is.  When I say "Amen" and get up from that position, I go throughout that day believing that God heard me and I anticipate  His answer. 
     Sometimes, I get an answer that day and other times I have to take that need day after day after day, but that's ok! because it's teaching me to take my needs to The One who can give me answers.  I choose to go "face down" instead of worry and I hope that you will too!  Blessings to you for a "worry free" day.

No comments:

Post a Comment