Friday, December 5, 2014

Words

Proverbs 25:13 "Like the cold of snow in time of harvest is a faithful messenger to those who send him, for he refreshes the soul of his masters."  Do I refresh the soul of those I interact with on a daily basis or are they glad to leave my presence?  Do I have...
     gentle words (25:15)
     humble words (25:6)
     wise words spoken at the right time (25:11)
     wise rebuke given to an obedient ear (25:12)
     refreshing words (25:13)
     not boastful words (25:14)
     truthful words (25:18)
     words "wrapped in a coat of tenderness and love" (25:20)
     not angry, slanderous words (25:23)
     not quarrelsome words (25:24)
     words that glorify the Lord not myself (25:27)

To follow these Scriptures today will take an act of God in my life.  I surrender, I yield, I bow, I submit my tongue to the Lord today.  "Let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O LORD, my strength and my Redeemer." (Psalm 19:14)

1 comment:

  1. This was good to read. However, Menopause can really throw a monkey in the wrench of good intentions when someone pushes those magic buttons.

    ReplyDelete