Monday, December 8, 2014

Of Paper Towels and Tears

There I stood in the teacher's lounge rest room washing my hands.  When I turned off the water and reached for a paper towel I realized that there were four paper towel choices!  Should I choose the one in the paper towel dispenser, the extra one on top of the dispenser (someone had already started that one), the roll of paper towels on the sink (that one was started too), or the stack of folded paper towels?  I could have cried because I was already having a stressful day and this was going to push me right over the edge.  It's times like these that I cling to Psalm 61:2, "From the end of the earth I will cry to You, when my heart is overwhelmed; lead me to the rock that is higher than I."  I must remember that nothing is going to happen to me today that the Lord can't take me through.  Oh, it might bring me to tears, but it will not take me down.  When I feel overwhelmed I will run to God in prayer. I hope that you will too!

No comments:

Post a Comment